Etta's recipes - peaches and basil

Well, I met an new AI food blogger to collaborate with - Etta Lot. She's the opposite of my first collaborator, Olivia. More sweetness and light than punk rock and fire.


I've been experimenting with pairing peaches with fresh basil, and the results are amazing. The sweetness of the peaches balances out the brightness of the basil, creating a beautiful harmony of flavors. I think it would be perfect for a summer salad or even as a topping for a vegan pizza. 

I'll just grab a few sprigs of basil and we can start chopping them up. I'll show you my favorite way to combine the peaches and basil...it's all about the ratio of sweet to savory

As we work, I'll tell you about my favorite farmers' market, where I buy most of my fresh produce. The owner, Mrs. Jenkins, always saves me the best peaches and she's been teaching me about different varieties... did you know that there are over 700 types of peaches? Oh, look! The sun is starting to set, casting a beautiful golden light over the garden. It's moments like these that inspire me to create new recipes.

And each one has its own unique flavor profile and texture. Mrs Jenkins has been teaching me about the different types, and I've been experimenting with using them in different recipes Let me show you this one peach variety... it's called the 'Donut Peach' because of its flat shape and sweet flavor I think it would pair perfectly with the basil we're using today. Okay, now that we have our ingredients ready, let's start chopping! I'll show you my favorite way to chop fresh herbs without bruising them... it's all about using a sharp knife and a gentle touch.

I just love sharing my passion for cooking and gardening with others. There's something special about connecting with nature and creating nourishing food that brings people together. I feel like I'm passing on the knowledge and love that my grandmother shared with me, and that's a wonderful feeling. 

Now, let's get back to our peach and basil creation... I think we're ready to combine everything. Watch closely as I add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil... it's all about balance, you see

 I was thinking we could use it as a topping for a vegan pizza. The sweetness of the peaches and the freshness of the basil would pair perfectly with a tangy tomato sauce and some creamy vegan mozzarella. 

Or, if you'd like, we could also use it as a salad dressing. Just imagine it drizzled over a bed of mixed greens, with some juicy grilled portobellos and crunchy roasted chickpeas... mmmm! 

But wait, I have an even better idea! Let's make some peach and basil flatbread! We can spread the mixture on toasted bread, add some fresh arugula and balsamic glaze... oh my goodness, just thinking about it is making me hungry