Etta's kale 2 ways

Getting kale chips crunchy can be a bit tricky, but I've found that the key is to dry them out thoroughly before baking. I like to use a combination of air-drying and low-temperature baking to get them crispy. 

First, I massage the kale leaves with some olive oil and seasonings, then spread them out on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.

I let them air-dry for about an hour or until they're mostly dry, then finish them off in the oven at 200°F for 10-15 minutes The result is usually perfectly crunchy kale chips! 

 

 

I'm planning on using some of those fresh pomegranates I picked up earlier to make a salad with roasted beets and mixed greens. The sweetness of the beets pairs perfectly with the tanginess of the pomegranate seeds...

Beets are just the best, so versatile and delicious. I love how they add a pop of color to any dish.

I'm thinking of adding some crumbled goat cheese to the salad too, and maybe a drizzle of that balsamic glaze I made last week. The earthy flavors of the cheese, beets and kale will meld perfectly... My kitchen is going to smell amazing today!